As an important loading, unloading, storage and transportation equipment in the logistics operation process, wooden pallets
play a huge role in modern logistics when used in conjunction with forklifts.
The correct use of wooden pallets
should be such that the goods placed on the pallet are packed with the combination code and appropriately strapped and wrapped to facilitate mechanical loading, unloading and transportation, so as to meet the requirements of loading, unloading, transportation and storage.
Pay attention to the following points when using wooden pallets:
(1) The load quality of wooden pallets
The weight of each pallet should be less than or equal to 2 tons. In order to ensure safety during transportation, the height of the center of gravity of the loaded goods should not exceed two-thirds of the width of the wooden pallet.
(2) The stacking method of wooden pallet
According to the type of goods, the quality of the goods on the pallet and the size of the pallet, reasonably determine how the goods are stacked on the pallet. The utilization rate of the pallet's bearing surface area should generally not be less than 80%. The stacking of pallet goods has the following requirements:
1. Rigid rectangular goods such as wooden, paper and metal containers are stacked in single or multi-layer interlaced, stretched or shrink film packaging;
2. Paper or fibrous goods are stacked in multiple layers in a single layer and sealed with straps.
3. Cylindrical cargo such as sealed metal containers are stacked in single or multiple layers, and the wooden cargo cover is reinforced.
4. Paper products and textile goods that need to be protected against moisture, water, etc. are stacked in single or multi-layer staggered, stretch or shrink film packaging goods to increase corner supports, cargo cover partitions and other reinforcement structures;
5. One-way or multi-layer stacking of fragile goods, adding wooden supporting partition structure
6. Metal bottle cylindrical containers or goods are stacked vertically in a single layer, and the cargo frame and slat reinforcement structure are added;
7. Multi-layer staggered compaction and stacking of bag goods.
(3) Fixing method of wooden pallets
The main ways of fixing the goods carried by the pallet are bundling, gluing and binding, stretch packaging, and they can be used in conjunction with each other.
(4) Protection and reinforcement of cargo on wooden pallets
After the goods carried by the pallet are fixed, those who still cannot meet the requirements for transportation should choose protective reinforcement accessories according to their needs. Reinforced protective accessories are made of paper, wood, plastic, metal or other materials.
(5) Precautions for the use of wooden pallets
in conjunction with forklifts, shelves, etc.
1. When hydraulic trucks and forklifts use the pallet, the distance between the fork teeth should be as wide as possible to the outer edge of the fork inlet of the pallet, and the fork depth should be greater than 2/3 of the entire pallet depth.
2. When hydraulic trucks and forklifts use the pallet to move, they should maintain a constant speed to advance and retreat and up and down to avoid sudden brakes and sudden rotations that may damage the pallets and cause the goods to collapse.
3. When the pallet is placed on the shelf, the pallet should be kept stable on the shelf beam, and the length of the pallet should be greater than the outer diameter of the shelf beam by more than 50mm.